Alison Tan — Integral Coach
Alison is passionate about people. She specializes in Self-Awareness Leadership Development “bringing your whole self presence to work”; Cross Cultural teamwork; supporting Chinese executives in their career development in MNCs and supporting expatriates’ working understanding of corporate China. Alison’s passion also includes supporting them in difficult communications, conflict management, and helping executives to maintain a healthy work-life balance.
Alison’s coaching style is based on developing greater self-awareness. This leads to self-correcting and self-generating qualities and skills, accountable actions leading to performance results, integrated with well-being, integrity, empathy, and community (work and life). Leading to self-correcting and self-generating leadership qualities. Alison’s coaching has been described as “great presence, accountable results, positive and supportive.”
Alison’s coaching credentials include:
- >2000 hours of Development & Performance Coaching for Mid-Senior MNC Executives. EMBA Executive Coach for China Europe International Business School (CEIBS), Shanghai
- Selected and trained in Personal Excellence Programme (PEP), Appropriate Response (2012 Harvard Business Review/ McKinsey Management Innovation Challenge Award, 2010 International Coaching ederation Prestigious Prism Award)
- Completed Center for Creative Leadership (CCL) Coaching Assessments (360 Benchmarks, WorkPlace Big Five, MBTI, FIRO-B*)
- Certified Integral Coach, New Ventures West
- Member of International Coaching Federation
Alison’s large corporate clients include HSBC Bank, Gerson Lehrman consulting group, Johnson & Johnson, Microsoft, Unilever group, SONY, L’Oreal, CEIBS EMBA amongst other small to mid-sized companies.
Alison has 20 years of China corporate experience; Co-Founder & General Manager of first US-Shanghai (Government) Healthcare Joint-Venture, WorldLink Medical Centers (acquired by MNC Parkway Health), China Commercial Director Bristol Meyers Squibb & Head of Health Economics & New Feasibility Clinical Trials, GlaxoSmithKline. Prior to China, she worked in Singapore and New York as a Management Consultant for Ernst & Young. She has a double degree major in Medicine & Business from Ireland & London, United Kingdom.
Alison lives in Shanghai with her husband, Frank, and their two boys. She volunteers for the Caritas Charity on the medical assessments of orphans, the sick and the old. She enjoys taiji, dancing, singing, continous learning and developing people. Alison speaks English, Chinese Mandarin & Bahasa.