Position: Marketing & Business Development Associate
LF Leadership is seeking a Marketing & Business Development Associate (MBDA) who is passionate about developing transformational leadership in individuals, teams, organizations, and communities.
Reporting to our firm’s Partners, the successful candidate will be responsible for supporting marketing and communication to primarily advance two of our current strategic priorities:
- Position ourselves as thought leaders in our field by marketing our services with relevant, compelling content for current, past, and potential clients and partners.
- Build a steady sales pipeline by proactively managing the process of identifying sales prospects and ensuring consistent follow-up to convert them to sales.
- Manage ongoing marketing communication to clients, sales prospects, and stakeholders, including the LF Leadership News e-newsletter. Manage an editorial calendar to consistently highlight LF Leadership services, celebrate successes, and keep stakeholders informed on what LF Leadership can offer to their organizations.
- Support development of content marketing materials for the website and other online venues, potentially including videos, blog posts, case studies, webinars, e?courses, white papers, etc.
- Maintain the firm’s social media and Slack accounts, including posting relevant photos and videos, articles, engagement questions, or other content consistent with our brand and strategic marketing goals.
- Provide editorial and production management support for pieces written by LF Leadership team members.
Business Development and Sales Management
- Research and target potential venues (conferences, business networks, or others) for the LF Leadership team to present their expertise and learnings, either independently or in collaboration with clients. Proactively maintain a calendar of events with proposal deadlines and facilitate timely development of content for presentation.
- Implement and maintain systems for lead management and customer relationship management to ensure sustained engagement of current and past clients. Ensure consistent tracking and follow-up with leads and prospective clients, scheduling of reminders for next steps, scheduling meetings, and consistent review of active prospect lists to ensure team members’ awareness and accountability.
- Research and identify channels for finding and exploiting new business opportunities, including sources for RFPs, pre-qualified pools, and strategic affiliations.
- Support management of timelines and actions needed to develop proposals. Participate in proposal development as appropriate.
- Other activities based on LF Leadership’s needs and the individual’s skills and interests.
- Expertise in social media marketing: including LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and other platforms as needed.
- Strong communication skills: clear, respectful, client-focused, excellent listening skills, proactive, and timely.
- Excellent writing skills: ability to analyze and synthesize information to extract key points and present in a coherent and impact way.
- Proactivity and conscientiousness: Willingness to take initiative, learn, ask questions, and take risks. Consistent availability, follow-through, and ability to meet deadlines.
- Organizational and project management skills: able to set goals, objectives, and tasks, take ownership of projects, and keep them moving forward on a consistent basis.
- Cultural competency, particularly with regards to Latino and Asian populations. Fluency in spoken and written Spanish or Chinese a big advantage.
- Technology skills, especially PowerPoint, Excel, WordPress, and ability to manage online CRM tools. Other skills a plus, including basic HTML, PHP, etc.
- A commitment to social change and human development. Professional interest in a career in OD consulting, leadership development, nonprofit/community leadership, and/or executive coaching.
- Passion for learning, discovery, collaboration, social equity, and service. Excitement to grow into the points on this description that don’t currently describe you!
This position pays $20/hour. The MBDA will work as an independent contractor with a time commitment ranging from 5 to 10 hours per week depending on workflow and availability, with potential to grow in scale over time.
The MBDA will be responsible for providing his/her own work space, computer, phone, and other equipment, and may set his/her own work hours.
Non-monetary compensation will include leadership coaching, career mentoring, on-the-job learning, and if a student, internship supervision or opportunities for pursuing research interests.
We actively work to develop our associates both professionally and personally. Our business is growing rapidly, and it is our sincere hope that you will grow with us.
About LF Leadership
We are a coaching and consulting firm dedicated to promoting integral development of collective leadership capacity for systemic change. Our vision is a world of organizations and communities that recognize and foster people’s dignity, agency, and authenticity.
Since 2005 we have assisted over 100 clients in achieving organizational and individual goals through clarity of purpose, increased alignment, and empowering systems to enable collaborative action. Our clients include corporations, nonprofits, social enterprises, and public entities across the Los Angeles metropolitan area, nationally, and internationally.
Our core services are:
- Leadership development including structured programs and coaching with executives, teams, and boards to develop individual and shared leadership using methods that are integral in their approach, systemic in their scope, and pragmatic in their delivery. Our coaches are trainers of other coaches, and have worked with leaders across sectors, levels, and functions.
- Integral systemic team development catalyzing transformational change by combining individual integral coaching with team facilitation and a focus on stakeholder value so that teams can share leadership and maximize value to stakeholders now and into the future.
- Organizational development consulting, including strategic planning, leadership development programs, workplace culture change, organizational learning, and social impact initiatives. We emphasize application of people-centered, evidence-based methods to achieve targeted outcomes.
- Facilitation of systemic strategies for social impact and organizational change. We have particular expertise in guiding cross-sectoral collaboratives and Collective Impact initiatives to create systems- and policy-level change.
- Training design and skill development for leaders and teams to gain self-awareness, communicate effectively, build emotional literacy, constructively manage conflict, develop cultural competency, learn from differences, collaborate, and act purposefully.
- Applied researchand evaluation combining methodological rigor with sensitivity to the political, social, cultural, and organizational context, in order to highlight strategic points of leverage for organization learning and improvement. We incorporate research and evaluation thinking into our leadership and strategy work to generate evidence-based strategies, monitor implementation progress, and build adaptive capacity.
Send resume, cover letter, and a sample of business writing to Max Freund (Partner) at firstname.lastname@example.org.