Position: Client Service (Project Management) Associate
LF Leadership is seeking a Client Service Associate (CSA) who is passionate about developing transformational leadership in individuals, teams, organizations, and communities.
We are seeking to identify one or more individuals to play the crucial role of providing project management and logistical support on multiple consulting projects in client environments in order to advance several of our current strategic priorities:
- Position ourselves as thought leaders in our field by consistently providing outstanding value and impact to our current customers.
- Create sustainable, scalable systems by coordinating scheduling and logistics for client, partner, and sales meetings. In other words, keep the trains running on time.
- Deepen and leverage our talent by supporting organizational systems and helping to develop our own internal professional community of practice.
- Support project management of client engagements, including project planning, tracking status of team members’ tasks, consistent communication with clients, monitoring timelines, milestones, and deadlines to keep the consulting team and clients on track.
- Creation of operational systems to manage projects with ease, efficiency, and excellence, including learning processes for continuous improvement of our services and systems.
- Assist in planning and preparation of materials for meetings and client trainings. Provide thorough follow up after meetings, including summarizing and sharing meeting outputs.
- Coordinate meeting logistics for individual and group coaching sessions, interviews, check-in calls, and meetings with clients or stakeholders, including scheduling, consistent follow-up to ensure client response and reminders to attendees, and distribution of relevant preparatory material as requested by consultants or associates.
- Assist the consulting team in designing presentations and training sessions, including opportunities to present based on the individual’s skills and interest.
- Develop draft versions of work products for clients, including reports, training curricula.
- Support development of a community of practice network among LF Leadership’s consultants and associates to strengthen shared learning, strategy, and culture.
- Other activities based on LF Leadership’s needs and the individual’s skills and interests.
- Excellent organizational and project management skills: able to set goals, objectives, and tasks, and manage them on a consistent basis.
- Strong communication skills: clear, respectful, client-focused, excellent listening skills, proactive, and timely.
- Excellent writing skills: ability to analyze and synthesize information to extract key points and present in a coherent and impact way.
- Cultural competency, particularly with regards to Latino and Asian communities. Fluency in spoken and written Spanish, Chinese, or other languages a big advantage.
- Proactivity and conscientiousness: Willingness to take initiative, learn, ask questions, and take risks. Consistent availability, follow-through, and ability to meet deadlines.
- Technology skills, especially PowerPoint, Excel, and ability to manage online surveys. Other skills a plus, use of project management tools, graphic design, basic HTML, PHP, etc.
- A commitment to social change and human development. Professional interest in a career in the fields of nonprofit leadership and community empowerment.
- Ability and availability to drive to meetings at client sites in eastern Los Angeles County, San Bernardino County, and Riverside County as needed. Most internal team meetings are via videoconference, but we do hold periodic meetings and team retreats at our offices in Claremont.
- Passion for learning, discovery, collaboration, social equity, and service. Excitement to grow into the points on this description that don’t currently describe you!
This position pays $20/hour. The CSA will work as an independent contractor with a time commitment ranging from 5 to 20 hours per week depending on project workflow.
The CSA is responsible for providing his/her own work space, computer, phone, car (with insurance), and other equipment, and may set his/her own work hours (within constraints of required meetings and project timelines).
Non-monetary compensation will include leadership coaching, career mentoring, on-the-job learning, and if a student, internship supervision or opportunities for pursuing research interests. We actively work to develop our associates both professionally and personally. We have a developmental path defined for associates to move into direct consulting/coaching roles, at commensurately higher pay rates. Our business is growing rapidly, and it is our sincere hope that you will grow with us.
About LF Leadership
We are a coaching and consulting firm dedicated to promoting development of collective leadership capacity for systemic change. Our vision is a world of organizations and communities that recognize and foster dignity, self-determination, and authenticity for all.
Since 2005 we have assisted over 100 clients in achieving organizational and individual goals through clarity of purpose, increased alignment, and empowering systems to enable collaborative action. Our clients include corporations, nonprofits, social enterprises, and public entities across the Los Angeles metropolitan area, nationally, and internationally.
Our core services are:
- Leadership development including structured programs and coaching with executives, teams, and boards to develop individual and shared leadership using methods that are integral in their approach, systemic in their scope, and pragmatic in their delivery. Our coaches are trainers of other coaches, and have worked with leaders across sectors, levels, and functions.
- Integral team coaching catalyzing transformational change by combining individual integral coaching with team facilitation and a focus on stakeholder value so that teams can share leadership and maximize value to stakeholders now and into the future.
- Organizational development consulting, including strategic planning, leadership development programs, workplace culture change, organizational learning, and social impact initiatives. We emphasize application of people-centered, evidence-based methods to achieve targeted outcomes.
- Facilitation of systemic strategies for social impact and organizational change. We have particular expertise in guiding cross-sectoral collaboratives and Collective Impact initiatives to create systems- and policy-level change.
- Training design and skill development for leaders and teams to gain self-awareness, communicate effectively, build emotional literacy, constructively manage conflict, develop cultural competency, learn from differences, collaborate, and act purposefully.
- Applied researchand evaluation combining methodological rigor with sensitivity to the political, social, cultural, and organizational context, in order to highlight strategic points of leverage for organization learning and improvement. We incorporate research and evaluation thinking into our leadership and strategy work to generate evidence-based strategies, monitor implementation progress, and build adaptive capacity.
Send resume, cover letter, and a professional/business writing sample to Max Freund, firstname.lastname@example.org.